- deploys (para-) medical specialists and technicians,
- gives a transfer of knowledge to the health workers and technicians in the hospital,,
- gives help specifically requested by the hospital,
- helps to improve medical apparatus and equipment vital to basic medical care,,
- helps to improve the hospital’s organisational structures,
- gives those who are sent out only financial compensation for their ticket,
- takes care that time spent at the hospital will not exceed 6 weeks.
What happened till now?
- the hospital grew from a poor local hospital to a regional hospital,
- a dental department is realised in which 4 dental educated nurses can practice the normal dentistryn
- a locale doctor has become a surgeon. There also is a orthopaedic surgeon.
- the obsolete theatre is changed in a brand new building realised to the standards of today
- the electricity and water supply is improved,
- exchange of knowledge by medical and technical specialists
- reconstruction of laboratory, pharmacy and X-ray.
- we have the intention to make an institute of education of the hospital,
- there are discussions with the universities of Ghana and the Netherlands and with the department of tropical medicine in the Netherlands,
- this year maternity will get a new construction adapted to the standards of today
- the dental department will get a dependence in Garu, one of the outside villages
Annual report Foundation Friends of Bawku 2014 download-report
January 2014 > Dr Herma van Vliet, dentist download-report